As promised here’s the update to the refashioned clothes I posted last week. I have a small confession to make; I still have no idea what to do to the black and silver dress, and I haven’t found any lining material for the leopard print skirt so neither of them are up here. I guess that’s all part of doing refashions. You can’t guarantee you’ll have everything you need or any good ideas for a particular piece.
Fret not, I still have three pieces to show you! The peasant top you had a sneak peek of last week plus the red t-shirt, and wrap dress transformations.
First up is the leopard print dress which I turned into a 50s style peasant blouse. There will be a matching pencil skirt which I have cut out, but as I mentioned above I’m still waiting to find some lining material for it.
The gathered waist, the curved neckline, and the print suggested a crop peasant blouse. It didn’t need much to turn it into the blouse. Just a little bit of unpicking and some elastic channel sewing really. I really like that all the elastic means it’ll fit a larger range of sizes.
Next up is what used to be a funky printed wrap dress. It hasn’t changed that much really. So little, in fact, that now you could simply take out ‘wrap’ and just call it a funky printed dress.
One of the front panels was fairly stretched out so I decided to change it from a wrap dress so I could chop out the bad bits. I used one of the ties to make a bow that sits in the front which I think is a very sweet (although subtle because it blends in) little detail. I think it could do with a belt around the middle so I might keep an eye out for one at the op shop.
Finally here’s the t-shirt which I forgot to photograph before I refashioned it. Basically it was a standard fitted women’s tee with cap sleeves.
I cut it straight across at the armpits, added an elasticated waistband and some pockets (I made them from the cap sleeves!) and voila! A cute kid’s skirt! It’s a lovely easy way to refashion a t-shirt.
I ended up making some fabric labels to sew in too. They’re made from cotton tape which I had in my stash. I really like them!
I haven’t gone too much into how I did each refashion for a few reasons. A. because I wanted the photos to do the talking, B. I didn’t take any progress photos, and C. if I did take the photos and write about each piece this post would go on forever! If you’re interested in a post on a single refashion let me know.
As a bonus before I go, here’s a picture of Warren the rabbit in the pocket.
Until next time! xx
I'm Beth the human behind Little Grassbird. Welcome!